Even though we don’t spend a lot of time in the entryway it is a very important part of your home. Your entryway is where you greet friends and family and welcome them into your home, so why not decorate it to feel like a welcoming place to greet your guests. You can do this with a well-decorated entryway table. DIY Expert and owner of Upsy-Daisy in White Bear Lake, Danielle Rode stopped by with some fall DIY inspiration ideas.
- Choose a focal point to your liking to fill the wall space.
- Start here and work in pieces based on the style of your focal point.
BOOKEND FOCAL AND ADD HEIGHT:
- Choose pieces that will help book end your focal piece and at the same bring the eyes up.
- Entry tables can be lower – so important to bring in elements that will lift the eyes
- Add various types of vases
- For fall – choose florals that will add warmth and work with the season.
- Danielle prefers faux in the entryway – that way if guests arrive, they aren’t greeted by wilted pieces.
- Stay in a theme or color story (grasses – blush colors – deep/burnt reds)
- Tall Branches – also help to add height
- Bring in items that will add a cozy fall feeling
PIECES TO ANCHOR YOUR VIGNETTE:
- Most entry tables are open underneath
- They should be anchored down to help the eye