Looking for some weekend plans? Mike Marcotte from Minnesota Live is here to fill us in on some fun events coming up this weekend.
- The NCAA Women’s Final Four is in Minneapolis! Even if you don’t have tickets to the game, there’s still plenty to do. Interactive games and giveaways, basketball contests. It’s free! At the Minneapolis Convention Center, Friday thru Sunday.
- Free concert: Rachel Platten – Fight Song. Saturday night at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Doors open at 6 p.m. You can get a wristband at door D of the Convention Center.
- Final Four Bounce: Free event for youth 18 and under. Kids get a basketball and they dribble it down a parade route. Sunday at 1:00 p.m. at the Minneapolis Convention Center. First 2,000 registered get to keep the t-shirt and basketball. An organizer was on Minnesota Live this morning, the basketball is legit. They still had space left to register!
- Footloose: At Chanhassen Dinner Theaters. Limited availability for this weekend, there are dinner and show tickets available for Sunday.
- Save the Dock Cinema: Showing The Lost City (PG-13, 2022 movie) on Saturday at 7 p.m. in Excelsior. The movie cast includes Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, Brad Pitt and Daniel Radcliff. The cost is $15, which gets you in the door, plus a soft drink and popcorn. The theater was impacted by the pandemic and a group called “Lake Minnetonka Complaint Club” is trying to help. You can buy tickets on their website until Friday at 7.pm. or at the door if they’re available. Even if you can’t attend, they’re accepting donations to help keep the theater open.