When you’re in school, at any age, you’re surrounded by a built-in community. But, as we get older, many find it hard to make friends organically. Dr. Karin Ryan, a psychologist with Nystrom and Associates, joins us now to talk about making friends as an adult:
- Not just transplants are looking for new friends.
- As an adult, making friends is intimidating.
- Friendships are often built from repeated interactions and common interests.
- Be brace – start interacting!
- Keep interacting.
- Keep an open heart to new friends.