Unfollowing someone on Instagram or defriending a buddy on Facebook happens all the time. But “defriending” someone is not as easy in real life situations. Life and business strategist Jasna Burza has tips on three types of friends you may need to break up with.
1. The Debbie Downer: This person is a mood killer, not having anything positive to say and no matter what you say. They always look at it with negative attitude and worst case scenario.
2. The Drama Queen: we all have enough drama in our lives and to have a friend who is always making too much hoopla about anything is sure to drag us into it. It’s as if we don’t have too much on our plate as it is.
3. The Dead Weight: . If you want to move forward in life and make changes, these people will never want you to change. They will not encourage or support you, in fact – they will make you feel bad about yourself and will hold you back.
1. Just take steps forward focusing on people you do want to spend time with and less time with the friends who make you feel icky.
2. Turn it into a project and experiment, see what works and what doesn’t work.
3. Think about this process as cleaning your closet.
4. Think about who you want to spend more time with.