It’s the time of year for baby showers and bridal showers and we are celebrating it! Danielle Rode from Upsy Daisy in White Bear Lake has some projects that you can do yourself that will definitely amp up your shower décor.
Wine Place Cards
- Mini roses
- Place cards
- Use knife to cut a slice ½ inch deep along the side of the cork.
- Drill a small hole at the top of each cork.
- Cut rose stems, ½ down from rose
- Insert rose into the hole on top of the cork.
- Slide the place card into the slit on the side of the cork.
- Mix of faux florals and greens
- Large wooden frame
- Hot glue
- Scissor or wire cutters
- Paint, if you want to paint your frame
- Remove glass, staples, etc. from frame.
- Paint the frame if you desire. We choose gold to give our frame a more classic/romantic look.
- Once frame is dry, lay if flat and place greens along the opposite corners of the frame. Be generous with the greens to give it a full/luscious look. Use your hot glue to secure the greens in place once you like the placement.
- Start adding flowers – pull the blooms off the stems and start with by adding your largest blooms at the corners. Use your hot glue gun to secure the flowers down.
- Continue adding smaller flowers until your design is complete.
Floral Ice Bucket
- Two buckets, one larger than the other. (Make sure the smaller fits inside the larger with plenty of room in between)
- Fresh flowers
- A few rocks for weighting the center container down.
- Fill the bottom of the larger bucket with fresh water. I used filtered water so when it’s complete, my ice bucket would be mostly clear and not cloudy from tap water.
- Keep the water level on the bottom at about two inches for the base. Freeze for a few hours until hardened.
- Once frozen, pull from the freezer.
- Add several rocks to the inner bucket so when we add water to the outer bucket, it stays in place.
- Place the rock-filled container in the center of the large bucket, right on top of the hardened ice. Cut the stems from the flowers and start pushing them down into position, being mindful of your position and color choices.
- Add water to the outer bucket until about an inch from the top. Transfer back to the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Run water over the entire form and ice to loosen the sides of both the outer and inner bucket. They should release pretty easily after 15 or 30 seconds.
- Immediately add in your chilled bottle of wine and enjoy.