Jen Appleberry from Appleberry’s Attic Craft Studio is here to show us a fun craft you can make at home this Valentine’s Weekend. And the best part is…. you probably already have the materials on hand to make these adorable No Sew Gnomes!
- 2-ish Cups of Rice
- 1 White Sock (Body)
- Small Rubber Bands
- 2 Additional Socks (Pants & Hat)
- Fur for Beard
- Diddy’s = Buttons, Flowers, Hearts, Felt, Greenery, etc.
* Fill a white sock with 2 or so cups of rice.
* Take a rubber band and tie off the top of the sock to keep the rice in. You don’t want it super full or tight. Leave some room for movement.
* Lay the rice filled sock down flat on the table. Locate the middle of the “body” and as you reach into the sock, grab a chunk or ball of rice and then wrap a rubber band around it. This is the nose of your Gnome.
* To dress your Gnome take the sock that you want as the pants and cut that sock at the heal. Throw away the top half of that sock and used the lower foot portion as his pants. Shimmy those on the bottom half of your Gnome pulling them all the way up his back and under his nose.
* Then take the sock that is his hat do NOT cut this one. Shimmy it down over the top of the Gnome and on top of his nose.
* Holding the base of the sock that is his hat, pull upwards stretching that sock out to flow and lay more like a stocking cap.
* Cut a square of fur, cut a small notch in the middle of that square, then glue it under his nose onto the white body sock.
* Add any extra’s diddy’s or things you would like to decorate your gnome for a season or bring out his personality!
Appleberry’s Attic CRAFT CRATE! With people still spending more time at home and who can blame them now with these frigid temps, Appleberry’s Attic CRAFT CRATE is perfect for surviving the Minnesota winter. The Craft Crate is jam packed with DIY Projects that can ship right to your door!
The February Craft Crate is full of SPRING Goodness
We really have thought of everything! We are gonna help you add a pop of Spring to your home, your wardrobe, and there’s even something for the kids. The box is $45.00 and has 4 projects this month.
You’ll also see there are additional items for purchase like our Kid’s Kit or our Seasonal Truck Block. Order now and all boxes will ship by the 25th of this month.
Use Code: TCL10 and get 10% off your order from now till February 15th.