While we are all social distancing, the Girl Scouts are teaching our young girls to become leaders. Kelli went to Camp Elk River where the girls are able to connect and learn from each other.
There are a lot of things taking place there and not everything is virtual either. Some of the activities include:
- New Mountain Biking programs at Camp Elk River
- New winter break day camps
- Options for family events like Kayaking and Family Citizen Science Day
- New badge mashups programs – girls get to earn TWO badges when we combine elements like Space Science and Outdoor Art
- Family camping/cabin rental opportunities
Girl Scouts makes virtual awesome too – it’s active screen time where girls can still be “hands-on”
- Engaging programs led by inspiring and energetic youth experts
- Opportunities to connect and participate in small groups
- Memberships are $25 and financial assistance is available.
- Text JOIN to 74253 or call 800-845-0787.
Benefits of Membership
Your $25 membership fee gives you:
- Access to reduced price, member-only programs and camps (in-person and virtual) through our council and across the nation
- If you register for camp, the membership pays for itself! (By allowing to you register for member-only reduced rates).
- Programs including everything from badge mashup events to Adventure Anywhere Virtual Camp-In/Outs to Geocaching!
- Access to reduced price, member-only camp rentals. Did you know that we have expanded options for families to rent cabins and yurts at our camps? Learn more at https://www.girlscoutsrv.org/en/about-girl-scouts/property-rental/new-rental-opportunities.html
- Retail discounts and incentives at the Girl Scout Shop.
For more details on events, click here.