Pioneer Press Lifestyle Columnist, Donna Erickson stopped with tips to help you surprise the mom in your life with D-I-Y creative gift ideas.
Create this “do-together” pizza making kit for Mom on Mother’s Day. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
Here’s the stuff you’ll need:
1. A recycled clean cardboard box approximately 10 x14-inches and 8-inches tall. (such as Amazon shipping boxes) Trim sides with scissors, if necessary. Cover the outside and bottom with colorful wrapping paper or butcher paper. Tape in place.
2. Tissue paper
3. A new pizza making tool such as a pizza cutter, kitchen scissors, pizza peel, or pizza pan, and/or a pizza making book
4. Premade pizza dough or crust, or pre-measured dry ingredients for homemade dough.
5. Prepared sauce and ingredients in a can or jar such as tomato sauce, peppers, roasted tomatoes, and/or olives.
6. Fresh ingredients for toppings Mom loves: cheeses, onions, garlic, pepperoni, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocado, pears, and/or apples
7. Herbs growing in pots such as basil, rosemary and thyme. (tuck pots in brown paper lunch bags and roll down the sides for a nice presentation)
8. Mother’s Day card