Many of us make a habit of comparing ourselves to others. Not only is this unhealthy, it usually actually hurts us in the long run. Author, Speaker, and Coach James Robilotta has advice on ways to improve your life and stop the habit.
Click here to purchase his book, Leading Imperfectly.
Where do we compare ourselves to others?
- Social Media
- Everywhere else, too!
Why do we compare ourselves to others?
- We only see their finished projects
- Being “Busy” is a new marker of success
- Easier to take criticism than compliments
What to do about it:
- Stop taking yourself for granted and lead with strengths
- Remind yourself: You only know what others share with you
- Seek Alignment – find your “Trunk”
How to find your “Trunk”
- What brings you joy?
- Who/How do you want to help?
- Start before you are ready