Whether you want to go big or make a smaller change, there are lots of ways to update your bathroom. Kristin Reinitz from Minnesota Rusco shares some expert advice.
Right now, take an additional $500 off of any Full Bathroom Remodel or Kohler Walk-in-Tub. Just mention Twin Cities Live at time of purchase.
1. Heated Floors
- Not as expensive today as it once was
- One of the best values to improve your bathroom
2. Unique Shower heads
- Add a little luxury to your bath without a major remodel expense
- These can really dress up a shower or tub
- Feels more like a spa!
3. Classic Whites & Grays
- Subway tile is always a classic, you can play with the finish of it – glossy or matte, as well as the size
- Add interest with different accent pieces
- Add pops of color to totally change the look
4. Vanities that look like Furniture
- Lots of our baby boomers are re-purposing pieces they already own from other rooms in their home.
- Storage is excessively important – Use a piece, like a chest of drawers that still gives you storage for those extra towels
- Consider your lighting fixtures as well
4. Walk-in Tubs or Shower Conversion
- 40% of remodeling dollars are coming from Baby Boomers- more than double from 5 years ago
- No more sitting there cold while you wait for it to fill – new technology allows you to stay warm while it fills with heated seats & back & shower wand
- Baby boomers are finding ways to stay in their homes longer – and these baths/showers can look like a major luxury