Farm to Fork Brunch
Thai Steak Salad
1 lb Flank, skirt, or hanger steak
2 ½ Cup Ginger Marinade (see below)
1 oz Fresh Mint Leaves
1 oz Fresh Basil Leaves
2 oz Cilantro
1 small Cucumber (peeled)
½ large Red Onion (sliced thin)
1 large Red Pepper (sliced thin)
2 Tbsp Toasted Peanuts
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 each Lime, juice of
To taste Kosher Salt
- Prepare Ginger Marinade
- Marinate steak in ginger marinade for 4 – 12 hours.
- Remove from marinade and place directly on hottest part of grill.
- Grill until bottom of the steak has charred, flip.
- Cook on second side until char forms on steak. Ideally cook to medium rare.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board.
- Slice steak thin on a bias.
- Toss steak with remaining ingredients.
Yield: 2.5 Cup
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Ginger (peeled minced)
1 tsp Garlic (minced)
1 Cup Soy Sauce
½ Cup Honey
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until well blended.