Casseroles are making a come back in 2020. Owner of The Warehouse, Nickie Carrigan, stopped by with a healthy recipe for curried cauliflower and chickpea bake.
Visit Nickie at The Warehouse!
3065 145th St W
Rosemount, MN 55068
Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Bake
– Two 15 ozcanned drained chickpeas
– 3 cups cauliflower florets
– 1 tsp+ Curry powder or seasoning
– 1 tbsp oil
– 1/4 cup Patak (or any brand you prefer) Mil Curry Simmer Sauce
– kosher salt and pepper to taste
– 3 cups cooked white rice or brown rice
– Pinch of garlic powder
-Optional handful of spinach or herbs
- Preheat oven to 350
- Toss chickpeas, cauliflower florets, and rice in curry powder with 1 tbsp oil & 1/4 cup of Patak Mild Curry Simmer sauce.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer all in oven safe casserole dish.
- Stuff spinach or herbs within the rice/cauliflower.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Freeze after cooked if using for meal prep. (Freeze for up to 3 months)
- Alternatively, you can also SKIP BAKING and just store prepped casserole in fridge, covered, until until ready to bake. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Sprinkle with extra curry powder, garlic, pepper, etc before serving