The start of a new month, new year, and a new decade is a lot to celebrate. Chances are you shared some bubbly with your loved ones to ring in 2020 but now you might decide to take a break from liquor as you reset for the new year. The creator of Real Food RN, Kate Doubler stopped by with detox drink recipes, including Mother Nature’s Gatorade.
- 2 cups coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (the absorption of turmeric is actually enhanced when combined with black pepper)
- 1″ piece of ginger sliced
- Raw honey to sweeten, if desired
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients (except honey, if using) and whisk to combine.
- Heat over medium heat until it starts to bubble.
- Then turn the heat down to low and simmer for about 5 minutes so the flavors meld.
- Strain out the ginger.
- Add honey and stir.
“Mother’s Nature Gatorade”
Mix together and enjoy