What could be better than a hot, hearty meal that’s ready the second you walk through the door after being gone all day? It’s the comfort food we crave as it starts to get cooler outside!
It’s time to rev up your crock-pots! For the next three days, we battle for our vote in the first-ever Crocktober Cook-off.
Kevin’s Crock-Pot Beef Stew
2 pounds cubed stew beef
3 cups water
1 (.75 ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix
1 (1 ounce) package dry beef stew seasoning mix
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
2 large potatoes, cut into chunks
4 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 large onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put beef in a slow cooker.
2. Whisk water, gravy mix, and stew seasoning mix together in a bowl until no dry mix remains; add Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste, whisk again and pour over the beef. Add tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, celery, mushrooms and onion.
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. (6 hours on high) stirring after 4 hours.
Brittany’s Chicken Enchilada Soup
1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 med. Onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
2 cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
2 cans of chili beans in sauce, undrained
1 can of Enchilada sauce
Toppings: Sour cream, chopped cilantro, cheddar cheese shredded
- Mix all ingredients together (except sour cream, cilantro and shredded cheese) in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat 7-8 hours.
- Stir mixture to break up the chicken.
- Add a roux to make it thicker, ½ stick of butter melted mixed with ½ cup of flour
- Serve with sour cream, cilantro, shredded cheese and tortilla chips – Enjoy!