Slow cookers are all the rage nowadays but did you know that it has roots dating back to the early 1970’s? That’s when the “set and forget” phase started taking off! Our Crocktober challenge concludes with a dinner and dessert recipe!
6 cups peeled and sliced apples
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 box yellow cake mix
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- Spray your slow cooker insert with cooking spray
- Add apples to slow cooker
- Add brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and allspice. Stir
- Sprinkle cake mix on top of apples
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon on top and drizzle evenly with butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 – 3 hours.
Christian’s Recipe “Chicken Lickin’ Good” Pork Chops
6-8 lean pork chops, 1-inch thick
½ cup flour
1 tablespoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons oil
1 can chicken and rice soup
Dredge pork chops in mixture of flour, salt, dry mustard and garlic powder.
Brown in oil in large skillet. Place browned pork chops in crock-pot.
Add can of soup. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (High: 3 ½ hours).