On Monday’s, we want to start your week off strong with a simple dinner idea that’s great for busy parents on-the-go. Creator of John Jean Juan Cakes, Terry John Zilla stopped by to make Shrimp Fried Rice.
Shrimp Fried Rice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
12 large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup diced carrots
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups cooked white rice
3 to 5 tablespoons soy sauce
4 scallions, thinly sliced
Low sodium vegetable stock as needed to moisten rice if needed
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook shrimp quickly until pink. Remove to board and chop coarsely.
- Add garlic and onion to skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the beaten eggs around the inside walls of the wok to cook. Scrape down and add the rice and toss quickly to distribute egg.
- Add vegetable stock if needed to moisten rice.
- Stir in soy sauce. Toss in scallions and serve
For more information on Nordic Ware, click here.