Alice Seuffert, creator of Dining with Alice has taken the traditional pumpkin pie ingredient and added it to our favorite winter comfort food! Alice shared her favorite Pumpkin Pie chili recipe that’s full of sweet and smoky flavors.
Get full recipe here: Alice’s Pumpkin Chili Recipe
Tips for Making Pumpkin Chili
- Get all of your ingredients out before you start cooking.
- Measure out all your spices and place them together in a small dish.
- Open all the cans.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Use a ground beef masher kitchen tool. I LOVE this tool for making chili. Here’s my affiliate link if you want to get one too. Click here to pick one up: http://amzn.to/2yehaT2 It makes making chili so much easier.
- Offer fun toppings! For this Pumpkin Chili, I like to serve ricotta cheese, pepita seeds, and pumpkin pie spice sugar sprinkle. You can also serve cheese crisps, croutons (I love croutons in soup), tortilla strips, or even sesame sticks.
- Try making chili in your slow cooker or instant pot (I’ve included directions in my recipe for making Pumpkin Chili in the Instant Pot). I just add the beans at the end. Here’s my Slow Cooker chili recipe: http://diningwithalice.com/crockpot/crock-pot-chili/
Freezing Your Pumpkin Chili
- Label your gallon bag with, “Pumpkin Chili.”
- Place 4-5 cups of soup in the gallon bag and lay flat on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet with soup in the freezer and the bag will freeze flat.
- If you love freezing meals, check out my Freezer Meals ebook
Pumpkin isn’t just for Pie!
Netflix Recommendation: Gaga Five Foot Two