Twin Cities Live is teaming up with Minnesota Pork Board to bring you different pork recipes that are so easy make and they only have 5 ingredients or less. Chef and owner of Charlie T’s Foods, Charlie Torgerson shared his recipe for Seared Pork Rib Chops.
Recipe For: Seared Pork Rib Chops with Creamy Yukon Gold’s
2 16 oz. Pork Rib Chops, 1″ thick
1 tsp Kosher Salt
½. tsp Black Pepper
1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
Creamy Yukon Gold’s
2 TBSP Butter
1 small Yellow Onion, julienne
1 ½- 2 Lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, 1/4″ slice
1 tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
2-3 springs Fresh Thyme
1 – 1 ½ cups Pork Stock or water
- Evenly season both sides of Pork Chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat cast iron pan on medium heat. Add oil.
- Place seasoned Pork Chops into heated/oiled pan, press down and sear until crust forms. Flip. And sear until crust forms. Approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
Note: Control temperature of pan as not to burn the bottom of pan.
- Remove seared Pork Chops from pan and set aside on plate.
- Add butter, onions and potatoes to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Add thyme sprigs. Cook until onions are translucent and potatoes are ¾ of the way cooked and well browned. Approximately 15 minutes.
- Place seared Pork Chops on top of onion/potato mixture.
- Add liquid. Cover with lid or foil and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until Pork Chops are 138°F. in the center.
Note: Liquid should come to top of potatoes only.
- Remove lid and let stand for 5 minutes.
For more pork recipes and cooking information go to PorkBeInspired.com,
Compart Family Farms