Twin Cities Live is teaming up with Minnesota Pork Board to bring you different pork recipes that are so easy make and they only have 5 ingredients or less. The executive chef and owner of Coalition in Excelsior and Edina, Eli Wollenzein shares his recipe for wontons.
For more pork recipe ideas click here.
Steamed Pork Buns
2 # Pork Shoulder
2 Tbsp Rice Oil (or any vegetable oil)
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 med Oranges
10 each Lotus Steam Buns (a frozen product they can find at any Asian market)
1 med Cucumber (peeled, diced)
- First, zest 1 orange and set aside, then squeeze the juice of that orange into a mixing bowl.
- To the orange juice add rice oil, salt, pepper, ground cinnamon and the orange zest.
- Butterfly cut the pork shoulder open to create more surface area on the roast. Rub the roast with the spice mix.
- Place roast in crock pot and cook for 2-3 hours or until the pork can be pulled apart easily with a fork.
- Pull/Shred the pork with two forks until you have it shredded enough for sandwiches.
- Squeeze the second orange into the pork and mix. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Set up a steaming pot on your stove top. Line the steam basket with a clean kitchen towel.
- Place frozen steam buns in steamer and cook until soft, hot, and they easily open up.
- Open lotus buns and fill with pork. Top pork with cucumber.