Whether you call it dressing or stuffing you are going to want to make this side dish for your Thanksgiving feast. Twin Cities Live regular and owner of Golden Fig, Laurie Crowell shares a twist on Thanksgiving Dressing by adding bacon and apples.
For more information about Golden Fig, click here. Mention “Twin Cities Live” at Golden Fig from now until November 25th and receive 50% off of 4 oz Turkey Herb with a limit of two per customer.
- 3 strips thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 lg yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 C sliced mushrooms
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 5 or 6 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 5 C unseasoned bread cubes
- 2 C chicken or turkey stock
- 1/2 C Craisins
- Cafe grind pepper and kosher salt
- Pecans for garnish
How to make it:
1. Butter a 9×13 pan and line with parchment
2. Preheat oven to 350
3. Sauté bacon, onion and bay leaf until onions begin to soften
4. Add celery, mushrooms, granny smith apple a good dose of black pepper and salt. Saute 4 minutes
5. Add ground turkey, breaking into small pieces. Add sage and more black pepper.
6. Pour bread cubes into a large bowl
7. When ground beef is cooked through, add mixture to bread cubes and stir well. Add stock, add craisins and stir well. Taste and adjust seasonings
8. Pour into prepared pan, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and let bake a little longer to crisp top a bit
9. Serve with toasted pecan for a garnish.