Registered Dietician Emily Parent of Coborns and CobornsDelivers.com shared tasty recipes that include the superfood asparagus. ()
Asparagus & Lemon Pasta Salad
- 1 pound (16 ounces) uncooked pasta (like gemelli)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) asparagus, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly-sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and roughly-chopped
- 2/3 cup freshly-crated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts • 1 batch Lemon Basil Vinaigrette (see below)
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ﬁnely-chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of generously-salted water until it is al dente, according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water for about 20-30 seconds until no longer hot. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta water is heating and the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped asparagus, season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sliced garlic, and continue sautéing the mixture for 1-2 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant and the asparagus is tender but still slightly crisp on the inside. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, asparagus mixture, artichoke hearts, Parmesan and toasted pine nuts. Drizzle evenly with the lemon basil vinaigrette, then toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with extra Parmesan if desired. Or cover and refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl or measuring cup until combined.
Check out CobornsDeliver.com and have fresh groceries delivered straight to your door!