Driscioll’s Chef Daniel stopped by to help us celebrate International Picnic Day with a tasty recipe for Berry Swirl Raspberry Popsicles.
Berry Swirl Raspberry Popsicles
Yield: approximately 10 (2.25 ounce) popsicles
- 1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll’s Raspberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (4.7 ounces; 113 grams)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (0.5 ounces; 15 grams)
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt such as 5% Fage (17 ounces; 490 grams)
- Chop berries.
- Macerate chopped berries in sugar and lemon juice 30 – 60 minutes or until about 2/3 cups berry syrup has been produced.
- Strain mixture through fine strainer to separate syrup from berry solids. Do not discard.
- Place yogurt into a large bowl.
- Add berry solids.
- Add syrup.
- Fold mixture together minimally. Do not overmix; final mixture should look swirled with streaks of white, light pink, dark pink, and berry solids.
- Divide mixture between popsicle molds.
- Tap molds on countertop to remove air bubbles.
- Insert one popsicle stick into each mold as per popsicle mold manufacturer’s instructions.
- Freeze popsicles 4-6 hours as per popsicle mold manufacturer’s instructions.