Every Monday, a TCL regular stops by the TCL kitchen with a simple dinner recipe you can make at home during the busy week night. Owner of Golden Fig, Laurie Crowell stopped by to make Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
2 – 8oz chicken breasts (pounded thinly and evenly)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 C sliced shallots
1 TB olive oil
5 TB butter (divided)
1/2 C chicken stock
1 lb asparagus, snapped into smaller pieces
2 TB fresh dill, chopped
1/2 lb cooked pasta
Harder cheese for shredding
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil and 2 TB butter over medium heat in large stainless pan.
- Add chicken and cook 5-7 minutes (until lightly browned) Flip and cook other side similarly. Remove chicken from pan, cover.
- To pan, add remaining butter and shallots.
- Cook for one minute.
- Add stock and asparagus and simmer until asparagus is just about cooked.
- Slice chicken breast and add back to pan with asparagus.
- Add pasta to same pan. Add fresh dill.
- Toss to coat, shave cheese over top and serve.