Certified personal trainer and nutritionist, Sara Gerbracht, stopped by to provide simple, healthy recipes that are ideal when cooking for one person.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
1 chicken breast
1 apple, sliced
3 strawberries, sliced
12 almonds, chopped
2 cups of spinach
1 cup of iceberg lettuce
- Heat skillet to medium high heat.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray. Cut chicken into cubes. Add chicken to pan and cook chicken until no longer pink on the inside.
- Assemble salad with lettuce first, then chicken, then apples, and strawberries. Top with fresh ground pepper.
2 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise with middle scooped out and reserved
2 cups of lean ground turkey
1/2 cup of chopped sweet peppers
1/4 cup of fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown the turkey, peppers, and the middle part of the zucchini that was scooped out in a skillet over medium heat. Leave “boats” on a sprayed sheet pan.
- Spoon mixture into each zucchini boat and bake at 400 degrees for 30 mins. If zucchini is not done, return to oven and check after 10 more minutes.
- Remove boats, sprinkle mozzarella cheese, and return to oven. Turn heat off. Cheese will melt 3-5 minutes.
1 Ezekiel Sprouted tortilla
4 TBS. fat-free cream cheese spread
1/2 cup of blueberries
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- While it’s warming, spread fat-free cream cheese on the tortilla, then sprinkle with cinnamon, and top with blueberries.
- Fold the tortilla in half and cook the quesadilla on each side until the tortilla crips and the blueberries are melted.
- Remove from skillet and cut into four pieces