When it comes to comfort food, there isn’t a lot that compete with good ol’ Mac & Cheese. Owner of Coalition, Eli Wollenzein kicks it up a notch with his version of the favorite food.
1 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Garlic (minced)
1 tsp Rosemary (minced)
12 oz Polish Sausage (diced)
1 Cup Milk
2 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese
1 Cup Smoked Cheddar Cheese
8 oz Orecchiette Noodles (uncooked)
3 oz Oven Dried Tomato
Buttered Bread Crumbs As needed
1. In saute pan over low to medium heat, melt butter and add garlic, rosemary, and polish sausage.
2. Cook briefly until garlic is soft and sausage is warm.
3. Add milk, cream, and both cheeses. Bring milk/cream to simmer and slowly melt the cheese into the cream, stirring frequently.
4. Meanwhile, cook the Orecchiette Noodles and drain. Add cooked noodles to the cheese sauce. Stir to coat noodles and let noodles simmer in sauce. Add a little water if sauce is getting dry.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add oven dried tomatoes and stir into sauce.
7. Place mac n cheese on a plate and sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs.