Asian Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry
For the Sauce:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons finely minced ginger
2 tablespoons Chinese chili paste
¼ cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon finely minced lemongrass
2 tablespoons sesame oil
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
For the Stir Fry
2 pounds raw U21-25 shrimp, tails removed
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons peeled and minced ginger
6 ounce mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
1 head fresh broccoli cut into florets
2 red bell peppers, seeded and julienned
1 pound Asian noodles of your choosing, cooked to package instructions
Sesame seeds and sliced green onions to garnish
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Pour in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Add the shrimp in batches to the hot oil. Spread the shrimp in the wok so that the shrimp had contact with the wok. Allow the shrimp to cook, without stirring, until the contact side has been seared. Remove from wok and continue with remaining shrimp, adding the garlic and ginger just as the last batch of shrimp is finishing cooking. Set aside
- Stir fry the mushrooms, broccoli and bell peppers separately. Remove each item from the wok and set aside before moving on to the next ingredient.
- To assemble the dish, add all the ingredients back to the wok and pour in the sauce to taste.
- Add the noodles and, using tongs, stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions and serve immediately