Chef Brian Ingram is the man behind several purpose driven restaurants, including Hope Breakfast Bar. However, today he joins us with a good ol’ summer crawfish boil!
Check out and try his recipe:
Summer Crawfish Boil
- 10 Cloves of Garlic
- 6 lemons, halved
- 1 Cup Zatarains Seasoning
- 2 pounds Potatoes (Medium Red Whole)
- 1-pound red onions quartered
- 5 lbs. Crawfish or Shrimp
- 1 Stalk of Celery cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Bag Carrots cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ears of fresh corn quartered
- ½ Cup Zatarains Seasoning (Use After you have drained the above boil)
- Fill large pot with a basket 1/3 to 1/2 with water. Place pot on high heat.
- Add onions, garlic and lemon halves. (You can use a small mesh bag for lemons, onions and garlic.
- Bring to full rolling boil. Stir in seasoning.
- Add potatoes (in their mesh bag from the grocery). Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Boil 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Remove potatoes.
- Return water to full rolling boil on high heat. Add crawfish, celery, corn and carrots.
- As soon as small gaps start to appear between the head and the tail on the largest crawfish, they are done.
- Turn off heat. Add cooked potatoes. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain excess water, toss with seasoning and pour out on butcher paper on table