Christine Petersen from the Nordic Ware Factory Store shows us a Grilled Shrimp and Orzo Salad recipe and some grilling gift ideas for dad!
Grilled Shrimp and Orzo Salad
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails off (thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup red onion, small diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and medium diced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (or remaining) Shrimp Marinade
- 4 oz. crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 fresh lemon, to squeeze over salad
Cook the orzo: Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add salt and a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Cook orzo 9-11 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Marinate the shrimp: Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. In a medium bowl add 1/4 cup Shrimp Marinade and shrimp, tossing well. Marinate shrimp in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Make the salad: In a serving bowl, combine cooked orzo, scallions, red onion, fresh dill, fresh parsley, cucumber, salt, pepper and remaining marinade.
Grill the shrimp: Remove the shrimp from the marinade and shake off extra marinade. Grill on grill pan over direct heat, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Add the grilled shrimp and the Feta to the salad. Toss carefully, squeeze the half lemon over all, toss again and serve.
Grill Gift Ideas:
(on sale now through Father’s Day at the Nordic Ware Factory Store)
- Vertical Beer Can Chicken Roaster
- Chicken Leg Griller and Jalapeno Roaster
- Meatball Grilling Pan
- Stuffed Burger Press
- Sizzlin’ Steak Server
- Stainless Steel Tortilla Bowl Maker
- Personal Size Burger Trays
- Stovetop Kettle Smoker