Here today to showcase her brilliant cooking skills is author and celebrity chef, Vivian Aronson, AKA CookingBomb! You can find her cookbook on her website for many more recipes, and follow her on TikTok, where she has amassed over 2.5 million followers for sharing her authentic Chinese recipes. Today she introduces us to a perfectly refreshing recipe for the summer: Chinese Cucumber Salad!
Try out the recipe at home:
- 2 lbs. thin skinned cucumber
- 1/4 cup Chinese vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Chinese soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. Chili oil
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorn powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Cut cucumber into small pieces, put in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the cucumber, then add garlic, chili oil and Sichuan peppercorn powder.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small pot until smoking, remove the pot from the heat and after 10 seconds pour the hot oil over the cucumber salad.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Serve with rice or as a side dish.