Every Monday, we hook you up with a tasty dinner recipe that’s delicious and easy to make. We call it, Monday Night Meal. Emily Dingmann from My Everyday Table stopped by to make Pizza Frittatas.
• 1 small white onion
• 5 oz. baby spinach
• 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
• 4 oz. mozzarella cheese
• 6 eggs
• 1/4 cup whole milk
• 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper
• 2 Tbsp. butter
• 1 cup pizza sauce
• 5 oz. pepperoni
• bottled salad dressing
• 1 baguette
• butter or olive oil for bread
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare ingredients:
Onion: small chop (just try to get them on the smaller size, no need for perfection!)
Spinach: grab two handfuls from bag or clamshell and roughly chop (about 2 cups)
Red Peppers: drain and chop
Cheese: if using a fresh mozzarella ball, cut into small pieces, about 1″ big. If using shredded mozzarella, it’s ready to go!
Eggs: whisk eggs and milk together. Season with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper.
3. Heat large oven-proof pan over medium high heat (about 6-7). Add butter to pan and when it sizzles, tilt pan so that butter coats the entire pan.
4. Add onion and red peppers to pan and cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. Add spinach and cook for another minute.
5. Spread veggies out evenly in the pan, and then add eggs. Swirl the pan so that the eggs coat the bottom of the pan. Cook for a minute or two, until the bottom of eggs are set and then remove from heat. DO NOT STIR THE EGGS!
6. Spoon the sauce onto frittata. (It will be in clumps, but that’s fine.) Top with half of the cheese, then the pepperoni, then the remaining cheese.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Carefully slide a spatula along the edge of the frittata to loosen it up. It should slide out. Cut into wedges to serve.
8. Toss remaining spinach with salad dressing and serve with baguette, butter, and olive oil.
• Get your kids involved! They can: whisk eggs, layer cheese (careful with hot pan!), toss together spinach with dressing.
• Two options for cheese: shredded mozzarella OR fresh mozzarella which comes in a ball. You’ll just need to chop it up into small, 1″ pieces Because the sauce and pepperoni add some salt, I didn’t add a ton to the eggs. Try and add more if it tastes a little blah!