Even though Memorial Day is behind us, grilling season has only just begun. Joining us from 328 Grill, a scratch kitchen in St. Paul, is Mik German! Each month, 328 celebrates great beer and beef from the best local farms, breweries, and butcher shops. For the month of June, the burger of the month is The Pryes is Right:
This burger features:
- Tim and Tom Speedy Markets gourmet burger blend
- Topped with rhubarb jam and pork belly
- On a grilled brioche bun with lemon goat cheese spread
- Pairs wonderfully with a Royal Raspberry Sour Ale from Pryes Brewing
Try making the jam and cheese spread at home to top your own burgers!
Recipe for rhubarb jam:
- 1 lb of fresh rhubarb
- 1 cup of cane sugar
- 1/2 of an orange zested
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut the rhubarb into 1/4 inch pieces and place in a small pot. Add sugar, orange zest, orange juice, and water to the pot. Cook on medium heat stirring often. Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the jam becomes thick. Transfer into an appropriate sized container and cool in the refrigerator. If you would like to “can” it, place into jars and follow the normal “canning” process.
Recipe for the goat cheese spread:
- 1-4 ounce package of The Humble Goat cheese
- 1/2 of a lemon zested or juiced
- Whisk together in a bowl until the lemon is fully incorporated into the goat cheese. Doing this should loosen the goat cheese and make it easier to spread.
If you would like to try this burger directly from Mik himself next Monday, June 6th. You can get your ticket to Burgers N’ Brews, which will include the Pryes is Right Burger, your choice of fries or tots, and a pint of Royal Raspberry Sour Ale!