Chef Lachelle Cunningham hosts a Natural Wellness cooking series called, “Your Backyard & Beyond: Foraging & Plant ID.” She’s joining us with a meal she featured in this series using greens found in nature.
Visit Chef Lachelle’s Linktree here.
- Take a community cooking class and/or book a team building session at Healthy Roots Institute
- Learn more about Entrepreneurship classes like the Food Industry Plan It! Class at Neighborhood Development
Wild Herb Pesto Pasta
2 cups tightly packed fresh garden herbs and greens (dandelion, plantain, purslane, mint, mustard, spinach, kale, basil, green onion, parsley, cilantro or a combination)
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 to 2 cloves garlic
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3-5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Place the fresh berbs, sunflower seeds, and garlic in a blender or food processor fitted with the S blade.
- Pulse to combine, until the mixture is coarsely ground.
- Turn the motor on and drizzle the olive oil in a thin stream.
- Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon, and nutritional yeast, and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Taste and add more seasonings as need.