Laurie Crowell of Golden Fig in St. Paul stopped by with some tasty appetizers for the family this weekend.
1 lb Corned Beef or Turkey
1 jar Kimchi or Sauerkraut
1/2 lb Sliced Swiss Cheese
1. Arrange bread slices on baking sheet
2. Place folded piece of corned beef on each piece bread
3. Place a tsp kim chi on each corned beef
4. Drizzle a little Thousand Island on each
5. Top with a little piece Swiss cheese and put under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
6. Serve hot or warm.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
1 Tb Olive Oil
1 Tb Garlic
1/2 Cup Shallot
1 Cup Red Pepper
2 Tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Can Canellini Beans
1. Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil until tender. Put cooked shallots and onions in food processor or blender.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except reserved liquid from beans) and puree until smooth. Add a little reserved liquid from beans if more moisture is needed for a smooth dip.
3. Tasty with veggies, great with crackers or French bread
8 oz Cream Cheese
1/3 C Red Onion
1/4 C Pickle Juice
1 Tsp Garlic
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tb Fresh Dill
2 C Diced Pickles
1. In medium bowl, use electeic mixer to soften cream cheese, with mixer on low add in all ingredients but chopped pickles. Once well mixed, add chopped pickles and mixed pickles until well mixed.
2. Serve with baguette toasts, crackers etc.