Channel 45 News anchor, Kevin Doran stopped by our Twin Cities Live kitchen to make a dish he says is the perfect comfort food on a cold Minnesota winter night. He made Tater Tot Casserole for Monday Night Meal.
For more information on Nordic Ware, click here.
1 1/2 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium sized chopped onion
1 can condensed vegetable soup
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 pound frozen mixed vegetables.
3/4 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 pound bag frozen tater tots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Add onions and season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain fat from skillet.
4. Add the 2 soups, mixed vegetables and milk to the skillet with the beef and mix it up.
5. Pour the mixture into a 13×9 inch baking pan.
6. Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese on top of mixture.
7. Top with the tater tots.
8. Bake for 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
9. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of the casserole and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese has melted.