Rob Barrett from Cooking for Dads shares the burger tips from his dear friend, Ken.
- Be spicy – Mix your spices in with your burger meat not just sprinkle on top. I’m using Montreal Steak seasoning.
- Be tasteful – Use 80/20 meat to fat ratio for your burgers. They might flare up more but they taste so much better. Make sure to use high quality buns. It’s all about the buns.
- Be fearless – Don’t be intimidated by others, just cook fearlessly. Ken wasn’t afraid to cook for us. When he made flatbread without cheese, he decided to call them Barrett Specials.
- Be organized – Ken keeps a folder of good guest recipes and when you come over he lets you pick which ones you want. For instance, I’m gluten-free which is a real pain for people.
- Be creative – This recipe for Ken’s Burger sauce is the best.
Ken’s Burger Sauce
1/2 C mayonnaise
4 spoonfuls Dijon mustard
1/4 C barbecue sauce
2 spoonfuls Worcestershire sauce
1 spoonful freshly grated pepper
pinch of salt
1 sp honey
1 sp sriracha