The doughscuit is the creation of Chris Uhrich, the chef and owner of Mucci’s Italian Restaurant in St. Paul. It’s part donut and part biscuit. Rob Barret, host of Cooking for Dads, shows us how to make it at home.
Pillsbury Grands, around 2 biscuits per doughscuit
Raspberries, coconut flakes or other toppings
- Separate biscuits and the break apart each biscuit into 3 parts.
- Roll out each part into roughly double in size.
- Lay one part down, spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Repeat until Doughscuit is about 1.5″ high (around 3 biscuits)
- Cut off rough edges either in a circle or a polygon shape.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for around 20 minutes or until just gold brown.
- Let Doughscuit cool and then spread evenly with Rob’s Easy Icing. Top with raspberries and coconut flakes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Rob’s Easy Icing
- Place 1 C of powdered sugar, 1/2 spoonful vanilla, and 2 spoonfuls of milk in a bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate leftover icing for up to 3 months.