Twelve Days of Cookies presented by Bridgeman’s Ice Cream returns for the 13th year. Chef and owner of Angel Food Bakery, Katy Gerdes shares her recipe for Christmas Crinkle Cookies paired with Bridgeman’s Peppermint Krisp ice cream.
12 oz Sugar
6 oz brown sugar
10 oz Butter, room temp
3/4 Tbsp Vanilla
4 1/2 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted
16 1/2 oz Flour
3/4 oz cocoa powder
1 tbsp Baking Soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 Cup Candy Cane Pieces
1 Cup Christmas Nonpareil Sprinkles
Oven @ 325
1) Melt chocolate and let cool to room temperature.
2) Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3) Add in eggs, vanilla and chocolate, mix until smooth.
4) Whisk together dry and candy cane pieces, add to wet, pulse until just combined.
5) Portion and roll in nonpareil sprinkles before baking.
6) Bake until edges are set and tops are cracking, approx 10-12 minutes. Gently tap pan once on counter when pulled from oven to help cookies fall.