Easy, non-alcoholic, sweet, and perfect for winter holidays. You and your family and friends will love this wassail recipe and probably want to make it your yearly tradition. Ted Farrell from Haskells kicks off the holiday season.
- 2 qts. (64 ounces) apple cider
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp. whole cloves
- 8 oz. rum
- 6 cinnamon sticks, plus 8 for garnishes
How to make 8 servings of Slow Cooker Hot Spiced Apple Cider (Wassail):
- Pour apple cider into a large slow cooker and add 6 cinnamon sticks.
- Poke holes around the orange about 1/2 inch inch apart (using a toothpick is fine). Carefully poke the cloves into the holes.
- Add the orange to the slow cooker contents.
- Cook the mixture on low for about 4 hours.
- To serve, ladle the mixture into mugs along. For adults who desire, add 1 oz. of rum. Garnish each mug with a cinnamon stick.
Happy holidays from your friends at Haskell’s!