Head Chef and Restaurant Owner Eli Wollenzien stopped by to share some tasty recipes using the newly popular ingredient, tahini.
1/2 Cup Tahini
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Water
1. In mixing bowl, whisk together tahini, honey, lemon juice, and salt
2. Slowly whisk in water to desired consistency. Ticker to use as a dip or coat roasted vegetables. Thinner to use as a salad dressing.
Tahini & Wild Rice Salad
2 Cup Wild Rice
1 Cup Cucumber
1 Cup Grapes
1/2 Cup Cashews
1/4 Cup Basil
2 Tbsp Parsley
1. In a mixing bowl, toss together wild rice, cucumber, grapes, cashews, basil, and parsley.
2. Add dressing and mix until all ingredients are well coated
3. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1.5 Cups Tahini
6 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
6 Tbsp Honey
1.5 Tsp Vanilla Extract
6 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except the sesame seeds and salt.
2. Sample batter and add more honey if desired.
3. Pour batter into a wax-paper lined bread loaf pan.
4. Sprinkle top with sesame seeds and salt.
5. Place in freezer until solid. Store in freezer until needed.
6. Prior to serving, remove from freezer, remove from pan, and cut into squares.
Check out Eli’s restaurant Coalition in Edina and Excelsior, click here,