Give your leftover rotisserie chicken the Sloppy Joe treatment with melted cheese and your favorite BBQ sauce. Bring the heat with Tabasco or Szechuan sauce on top. Kevin Doran from 5 Eyewitness News shows us this easy Monday Night Meal.
YIELDS: 6-8 sliders
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 large onion, diced
1 tbsp. cloves garlic, minced
1/2 green, red or yellow pepper, diced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 lb. shredded chicken
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar
Dinner rolls for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, 4 minutes, then add garlic and diced peppers and cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, add cooked shredded chicken and warm about 2 minutes.
- Stir in BBQ sauce and warm about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with mozzarella and cover with lid to melt, 2 minutes.
- Serve on dinner rolls or buns.
- Sliced dill pickles
- Fresh thick sliced Beefsteak tomatoes, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Fresh corn on the cob seasoned with butter
- Baked beans
- Cole slaw
- Potato chips