Katy Gerdes from Angel Food Bakery is here to show us an unexpected recipe that adds some extra sweetness to your salsa.
The Bakery is moving to the Texa-Tonka Shopping center in Saint Louis Park, and adding a new coffee bar featuring Folly Coffee!
Strawberry Avocado Dessert Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1/4 Cup butter
1) Mix sugar, cinnamon & salt together.
2) Melt butter
3) Cut tortillas into wedges, brush with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top
4) Arrange on lined baking sheet and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until crisp.
Strawberry Avocado Dessert Salsa
- 2 Cups chopped strawberries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- chopped basil
- 1 lime
- 2 chopped avocados
1) Wash and chop strawberries
2) Chop basil into small strips
3) Combine strawberries, basil & sugar together, squeeze lime juice over and toss to mix. Cover and let rest in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
4) Right before serving, chop avocados into small cubes and toss into strawberry mixture.