Go to your garden, local farmer’s market or grocery store and grab some vegetables! Golden Fig owner, Laurie Crowell, stopped by to show us how to make tasty refrigerator pickles.
4 c water
10 garlic cloves peeled
2.5 c white vinegar
6 tsp kosher salt handful of fresh dill sprigs
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp coriander seed
1 tsp mustard seed
1 tsp mixed peppercorns
1 tap red pepper flakes
6 kirby cucumbers, quartered with ends cut off
2 quart jars
6 young carrots, peeled and halved
handful snap peas, de stringed
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
1. In medium saucepan, bring water to boil
2. Reduce to simmer and add garlic cloves and cook 5 minutes
3. Add vinegar and salt and stir, while simmering, until salt dissolves
4. In 2 quart jars, divide fresh dill and spices evenly. add 5 garlic cloves to each jar
5. Pack veggies in tightly.
6. Pour hot brine over.
7. Let cool, cover and refrigerate.