Katy Gerdes, owner of Angel Food Bakery, shared a unique breakfast muffin recipe that you’ll want to try out.
6 hard boiled eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
8 ounces bacon
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup chopped scallions
1. Whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper together while in a separate bowl, mix the vegetable oil with the buttermilk to combine.
2. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and combine. Add in the already cooked bacon, scallions and cheddar cheese.
3. Scoop in to pan – 1/3 full
4. Add egg and fill the sides of each pan with batter to make sure egg is fully covered
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes on 325 degrees and then cool.