Terry John Zila, who shares recipes for all sorts of main dishes and desserts on his website, stops by to enhance a traditional chicken breast dinner.
Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons dry vermouth
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pat the chicken dry and set aside.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then place the chicken in the skillet in a single layer. Sauté chicken breasts until well browned.
4. Turn the chicken over, add the garlic and sauté breasts on the other side until well browned. Remove chicken from heat and place on a heat proof pie plate. Set aside.
5. Return skillet to heat and add the vermouth and lemon juice. Cook the liquid, stirring, until slightly thickened. Pour sauce over chicken, cover plate with foil and place in preheated oven to finish baking. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast should real 160°F before removing chicken from oven.