Eating a nourishing diet with the right food can help your body fight off bacterial and viral invaders. Chef Marshall O’Brien is passionate about educating and empowering people to live their best lives through smart nutrition.
Baked Chicken, Carrots & Tomatoes w/Yogurt Sauce
1½ pounds chicken breast, cut in bite-sized chunks
3 cups carrots, peeled, sliced
1½ cups red onion, diced
1½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Greek Yogurt sauce, see recipe
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
Mix all ingredients and spread on sheet pan.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Top with yogurt sauce and serve.
Greek Yogurt Sauce
Makes 2 cups
1½ cups plain Greek or regular yogurt
½ cup cucumber, finely diced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon dried mint
Kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate at least one hour.
Just before serving, stir to evenly redistribute ingredients.
To make this recipe dairy-free: Omit the yogurt.
Curried Sweet Potatoes & Artichokes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 cups onion, sliced
¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon paprika
1½ teaspoons curry powder*
3 tablespoons garlic, minced
3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in medium chunks
3 cups artichoke hearts, quartered, plain (not marinated)
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup green onion, sliced
- Heat frying pan on medium heat. Add onions and both oils. Cook onions until softened and lightly browned, stirring periodically.
- Add turmeric, paprika, curry powder, garlic and stir.
- Add sweet potatoes and stir to combine. Add a few splashes of water to create steam, and cover. Turn heat down to medium-low and cook, stirring periodically, until sweet potatoes start to soften, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add artichokes to pan and mix well. Cook until mixture is fragrant and artichokes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add ¾ of the green onions, sprinkle with salt, gently mix together and remove from heat.
- Garnish with remainder of green onions. Serve with brown basmati rice, if desired.
*I suggest Frontier Organic brand or make your own.
Overnight Berry Oatmeal
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey, optional
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed
Thoroughly combine oats, yogurt, almond or vanilla extract, and maple syrup or honey.
In the morning, stir in berries and enjoy.