Local and award-winning chef, Karyn Tomlinson is opening a new restaurant to the public called Myriel this spring. Karyn joins us today to make some breakfast sandwiches just as good as you find dining out. The sandwich is available for takeout from Myriel now but you can make it at home too.
Follow Karyn in her Quarantine Kitchen Series on her Instagram @KATomlinson
Karyn’s Breakfast Sandwich
Breakfast Sausage Patty
Egg Over Medium (or scrambled)
2 slices of Gouda cheese
- Open the muffin and put mayonnaise and chives on the vottom half
- Cook your sausage, top it with cheese and place on the bottom half of the muffin
- Cook your egg, top it with cheese and place on top of the bottom layer
- Close the sandwich, wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees for a few minutes until soft and cheese is melty
Here is the English Muffin recipe. It might be a little long to do both, but now you can choose!
1/2 c sourdough starter
1 c milk
1 Tbsp honey
2 c AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2c AP flour
1 tsp salt
- Mix first four ingredients the night before
- 12 hours later, add baking soda and salt, kneed in flour
- Proof for 1-2 hours, stretch onto a well-floured surface to ½”
- Cut rounds, place on a tray with cornmeal
- Cook on medium-low heat on a lightly oiled griddle until 2/3 of the way cooked. Flip and press.
- Cook for several more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 195 degrees F. Cool.