This recipe is a derivative of a couple of different recipes by Malcom Reed, of Killer Hogs. Love his stuff! He’s the guy who makes the rubs that I used.
- Season with a layer of Killer Hogs The AP Seasoning
- Apply a light coat of mustard
- Season with Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- Let rest in fridge overnight
- Bring pork butt out and allow to come to temperature on counter for 30 minutes
- Set smoker to 250
- Place pork on smoker and insert a digital thermometer if possible
- Leave on smoker and don’t check it much. If you’re lookin’, you ain’t cookin’!
- Leave on smoker until 160-170. Should be about 4-5 hours
- Bring Inside
- Spritz with equal parts apple cider vinegar and water. 15-20 spritz’s should do
- Wrap tightly in foil and place back in smoker.
- Leave on smoker til internal temp reads 202
- Let rest in foil for 30-45 minutes
- Get some tongs and pull that pork!
Pro tip: Once pulled, sprinkle a little extra The BBQ Rub on – this will help to enhance the flavor of the inside of the pork