Red Bench Bakery is a family-owned café located in downtown Chaska. They’re known for croissants, breakfast pastries and artisanal sandwiches. Chef and owner Andy Mooney stopped by with delicious treats and sandwiches on their fall menu.
How to make Red Bench Pickles:
5 English Cucumbers (1/4inch cut)
1 1/2cups granulated sugar
1 1/2cups Champagne vinegar
2 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp stone ground mustard
1 tsp celery seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp ground pepper
How to make it:
1. Heat Sugar and Vinegar until sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and add spices.
3. Pour brine over the prepared cucumbers.
4. Set at room temp until cool.
5. Once cool place into fridge for at least 8 hours.
6. They may be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.