Steve has taken up a new hobby. He’s loving smoking meats. He’s expanded on that and shows us how he grills a steak using a reverse sear.
How to reverse sear your steak.
- Cook the steak at 250 degrees, over indirect heat, until the temperature is 10 degrees below your desired target temperature, dependent on your preference of doneness.
- Remove the steaks, tent under foil.
- Turn grill/smoker to high heat. In the 450-500 degree range.
- Sear directly on high heat, or over available flame, for 2 minutes on each side.
- Check temperature then remove from grill/smoker.
- Throw a scoop of butter on the steaks, wrap in foil and let rest for 10 minutes.