Stephanie Kissner, owner of Sweet Retreat, stopped by the studio to help us kick off our TCL In Your Town: Edina week.
Sweet Retreat’s Gingerbread Dough Recipe
2 c Sugar
2 c Shortening
2 c Dark Molasses
11 c All Purpose Flour
2 T Ground Ginger
4 t Ground Cinnamon
4 t Ground Cloves
1. Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs and molasses and mix until smooth.
3. Mix flour and spices together.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to shortening mixture and mix.
5. Knead dough (if needed) until dough comes together.
6. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for an hour.
7. Roll out on floured surface to ¼” thick and cut shapes out.
8. Place like size pieces together on parchment lined baking sheets.
9. Bake at 350° F for 12-20 minutes (depending on size of piece) until done and edges are lightly brown.
10. Immediately trim edges with a sharp knife to removed rounding that occurs during baking (to make assembly easier).
11. Cool completely.
Check out her store!
5013 France Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55410